Information available in response to a formal Access Application
An access application may be made for all other information held by the Authority (other than certain "excluded information", set out below)
Access Applications are subject to application fees and processing charges in accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) which are further explained below.
Information that is not available in response to an Access Application
The Authority will not release information if there is an overriding public interest against disclosure of the information.
Some of the particular information that the Authority cannot release in response to an access application includes:
- Cabinet information (as defined in item 2 of Schedule 1 to the GIPA Act)
- Documents that are subject to Parliamentary privilege, such as draft answers to Questions on Notice (item 4 of Schedule 1 to the GIPA Act)
- Information that would be privileged from production in legal proceedings.
Formal Access Applications
A formal request for access to documents may be made by:
1. completing an Access Application
2. you may also apply in writing supplying all the details required under section 41 of the GIPA Act.
Section 41 provides for the application to:
- be in writing
- state that it is made under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW)
- have an Australian postal address for return correspondence
- provide enough details to help the agency identify the information you want
- enclose the application fee of $30.
The written request or form may be lodged at the Barangaroo Delivery Authority, or sent by post, together with the appropriate fee, if required, to:
Barangaroo Delivery Authority
Level 21, 201 Kent Street
Note: A request for information may be refused if there is an overriding public interest against disclosure or if searching for the requested information would require unreasonable and substantial diversion of the Barangaroo Delivery Authority's resources.
Any decision to withhold or release the documents can be appealed against by either the applicant or third parties (ie other parties involved in the documents).
Fees and Charges
Basic fees and charges under the GIPA Act are:
Application Fee - $30* (access to information/records/other requests), plus a processing charge of $30/hour after the first hour.
* A 50 per cent reduction in processing fees may apply if the applicant suffers financial hardship or if there is deemed to be a special public benefit to the public generally. There is no 50 per cent reduction in the application fee, but the applicant receives an extra hours processing before processing fees start.