Arts and social change organisation, Big hART, is now an artist in residence at the Cutaway -developing their thrilling creative project SKATE.
The next eight week period will involve building SKATE the show, a school holiday program, semi-regular open invitations to visit and skateboard in the Cutaway and two activation events.
- Two public events on Saturday 23 March (3pm – 6pm) and Saturday 13 April (6pm – 9pm), with pack up activities continuing until 10pm.
- Open invitation skates held on most Friday evenings (4pm – 7pm) and on most Saturday afternoons (2pm – 4pm).
- School holiday program from Saturday 13 April until Thursday 18 April (9.30am – 2.30pm).
What you can expect
Noise associated with set up, rehearsal and pack down activities, including the use of machinery.
Noise associated with the rehearsals and performance including audio testing, catering, equipment, skateboarding, low level crowd noise and recorded music. Monitoring will be in place throughout this time.
All deliveries will occur via the Town’s Place loading dock.
Work hours – Phase Two
- Rehearsals may take place between 7am and 8pm (no noise after 8pm) on the following dates:
- 6 - 9 March, 12 March, 15 & 16 March, 23 March, 25 March, 30 March, 2 April, 5 & 6 April, 9 April, 12 April, 23, 24 & 26 April.
- Technical rehearsals may take place no earlier than 7am and no later than 10pm on the following dates:
- 12 - 14 March, 18 – 22 March, 26 - 29 March, 3 & 4 April, 10 – 12 April, 15 – 18 April.
- Two activation events on Saturday 23 March and Saturday 13 April (6pm – 9pm), with pack up activities continuing until 10 pm.
- No activity will take place on 10 & 11 March, 17 & 18 March, 24 March, 31 March, 1 April, 7 & 8 April, 19 – 22 April (Easter weekend), 25 April (Anzac Day).
- Pack down activities will take place from Friday 27 April until Tuesday 30 April from 7am to 10pm.
About Big hART
Big hART is Australia’s leading arts and social change organisation, working collaboratively with communities from around the country to create high quality artistic projects that share hidden stories, illuminate injustice, and bring about lasting change for marginalised communities. To learn more visit www.bighart.org.
About SKATE at the Cutaway
Skateboarders, musicians, digital artists will collaborate to explore the art of skateboarding and develop a new theatrical show called SKATE.
As part of the SKATE residency, there will be regular opportunities for the public to view progress of the show’s development, participate in events, and to skate the space. To learn more or register your interest in attending please visit skate.bighart.org.
Please note the Cutaway will still be utilised for other events from time to time throughout the residency. You will be notified of these in advance.
Please contact the Barangaroo Delivery Authority during office hours on 9255 1724 if you have any queries.
After hours: 1300 966 480